Thursday, July 24, 2014

A New Design and A Gift

Hello my dear friends,
after more than four years it was time to redesign my Blog.Thanks to Karen from Valentine Design
my ideas could be transferred into such a beautiful design. It was easy and such a pleasure to work
with Karen on the project and I'm real happy with the results. Thank you so much Karen.

Due to these activities I'm somwhat late to share the gifts from  Suzy.

Who doesn't dream of Paris? I do and you can imagine my delight when I opened up my presents from dear Suzy  @ Suziqusthreadwoks  and found this most beautiful work of art. 

Look at all the details and layers of laces. Suzy does such gorgeous work and I'm sure most of you know her already and if not do stop by and visit her -  you won't be dissapointed.

The photos speak for themselves.

Suzy also spoiled me with this stunning fabric bag which has two pockets and found a special place in my studio to hold precious treasures. Thank you again dear Suzy and you know already how much I love your gifts.
 
 
 
At the moment I'm so busy but nevertheless found the time to start practicing  creating fabric flowers.
Here is my very first  one which might need a bit of improvement.
Have a lovely weekend and thank you so much for stopping by. Hope to catch up with you tonight.
 
Hugs and love,
.

16 comments:

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

Hi Marie. I love the look of your blog. My, but Karen does such beautiful work! And thanks for sharing the lovelies from Suzy. She is such inspiration to us all. XO Sue

Rhonda said...

Adore your new blog design, it's simply gorgeous!

I cannot wait to see what you create next, Marie. Your fabric flowers are beautiful.

Much love, Rhonda

Rhonda said...

Adore your new blog design, it's simply gorgeous!

I cannot wait to see what you create next, Marie. Your fabric flowers are beautiful.

Much love, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Marie,
Immediately your newly re-designed blog hit me with its beauty and it captures all that is "so very Marie".
Exquisite gift from the heart from the lovely Suzy with that abundance of textiles and the wonderment of story telling.
Wishes
Lynne

Tamara said...

your new header is just lovely and your flower looks great! I don't think there are any rules.
blessings,
tamara

marda said...

The new look is beautiful..good job. Beautiful gifts from suzyq and I think your flower is wonderful.

Viola said...

Dein neues Design sieht super aus, liebe Marie!Gefällt mir sehr!
Und Suzy hat Dich sehr verwöhnt. Tolle Geschenke!
Viele liebe Grüße, Viola

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Marie I just love that new blog header. It depicts your amazing talents so beautifully!
I'm also very pleased that you are so happy with your Birthday gifts from me - enjoy dear friend!
Now I think we need to see some of these sweet roses in your new creations
coming to us soon!!!
Enjoy the weekend!
Sending love and hugs,
Suzy

Dorthe said...

Hello my dear Marie,
how lovely, and beautiful is your new header, showing some of your many talents in creating with so many different medias . Karen also made my header ,and I still love it, even you made me think of having a new one !!!
The gifts from dear Suzy are stunning my friend- that bag is just amazing.
I love your first flower, beautiful it is, I don`t think it needs improovement, it is just so lovely.
I`m home again, and now awaiting Nadja and the kids arriving, sunday !! :-)
Much love to you, I hope you are doing great .
Dorthe, XOXO

Lululiz said...

Beautiful new look, Marie, the header is gorgeous, as is the whole scheme of course. Oh my, just look at those beautiful gifts from Suzy. Her work is amazing, I could look at her creations for hours, taking in all the wonderful details.
Hmmmm, fabric flowers. I am not very good at them. You on the other hand, seem to be VERY good indeed, lol, your first one is so pretty and now I want to see many more and also how you are using them of course ;-).

Unknown said...

Your new blog look is indeed superb and so you, too! Love the swirls and pretty photos of your amazing work, it's really lovely Marie as are all the wonderful goodies from your friends. Have a lovely weekend and thanks for always dropping me a line, hugs, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner

Mosaic Magpie said...

I LOVE the new look, it is so you! Nice gifts from sweet friends.
xo,
Deb

Gaby Bee said...

Your new blog looks great, Marie!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Gaby xo

margits bastelstube said...

hallo liebe marie,
wow- das sind wieder wundervolle stücke! eine ganz tolle und kreative handarbeit - genau mein geschmack.
alles liebe und bis bald
margit

Bohemian said...

Marie Congrats on your Blog Makeover by Karen! It is Lovely, she is indeed such a Talent! And that Gift is simply Divine, I can Imagine your Heart literally stood still as you unwrapped it!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Kim said...

Marie your new blog layOut is GORGEOUS!!! <3 <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails